Year 2015 Global 500 – Fortune list is published, it will be great to see how many countries are in the list. Who is fortunate this year? Click to see the last 10 years Global Fortune 500 Database, Charts and Maps. To know about the measuring criteria, cutoff date and quick history about the Global Fortune 500, please visit our 10 years data page about it.

Still the USA is ruling the chart with total of 128 companies and second is China with 98 companies. After that Japan, France, and Britain are in the ranking order. This year the USA total companies are 128 with 2.3 % decrease. For 2014 USA total companies were 131. China added 3 companies with 3.2 % change, for this year total companies are 98 and 95 was for the last year. Britain and Japan also added one company to their list.

The table showing the percentage change:

Country

Total Company (2014)

Total Company (2015)

Percentage Change

United States

131

128

-2.3%

China

95

98

3.2%

Japan

57

54

-5.3%

France

32

31

-3.1%

Britain

27

29

7.4%

Germany

27

28

3.7%

Total

369

368

-0.3%

This Year total countries were 36 for the Fortune Global 500 and was same number last year. Malaysia was only the new country to make it to the list and Finland was only country that did not made.

This year total 500 global fortune companies generated $31.2 trillion revenues and $1.7 trillion in profits in year 2014. Global 500 fortune companies employed 65 million people all around the world. For detail data click here

Top Five Company.

The USA had 38 % out of 340 companies (top 5 total) and 26 % out of 500 companies this year. China as usual 2nd position with 29 % out of 340 companies (top 5 total) and 20 % out of 500 companies.

Country

Total Number

Out of 340

Out of 500

United States

128

38%

26%

China

98

29%

20%

Japan

54

16%

11%

France

31

9%

6%

Britain

29

9%

6%

Total

340

100%

68%

Top Feve Country company percentage

Top five country total company make 68 % of the Global fortune 500 list. The remaining 31 countries make 32 %. The Global fortune 500 for 2015 total countries were 36.

top five country vs rest of the country

Company by the Continent.

Asia still top the chart with 198 companies with the gain of 0.5 %. North America has lost one company this year.

Country

Total Company (2014)

Total Company (2015)

Percentage

Change

Asia

197

198

0.5%

North America

143

142

-0.7%

Europe

140

142

1.4%

South America

11

10

-9.1%

Oceania

9

8

-11.1%

Total

500

500

2015 companies percentage by continent

Map Section:

Thematic Map of the Global 500 – Fortune Company for the Year 2015

Global Fortune 500 - 2015 Thematic Map

Point and Chart Map of the Global 500 – Fortune Company for the Year 2015

Global Fortune 500 - 2015 Point and density map

Dot Density Map of the Global 500 – Fortune Company for the Year 2015

Global Fortune 500 - 2015 dot density map

Read

NOW READ:

Mapping of 2015 Public Companies Forbes Global 2000