I wrote a tutorial about how to do geocoding with Microsoft Excel and Google Maps but saw few comments about the limitation which is 2500 addresses. Surfing the internet I found interesting number from Bing maps which allows you to perform 10000 addresses in total. If you need more than that then create a new MSN or Hotmail account and get the new Bing map API key.
So somebody has already created a excel template with all the required coding, you just have to create a Bing map API key.
2. Open the downloaded excel file and if it is open in protected view (highlight yellow bar on the top) then click enable editing.
3. After that process, enable macros.
4. In Excel 2013: Go to File -> Options -> on the left side, choose Trust Center -> click on Trust Center Settings and Macro Settings
5. In Excel 2007, 2010: Click on the Office button -> Excel Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings-> Macro Settings.
6. Then check the Enable all macros
Note: Make sure to disable macros once geocoding process is completed for the security purpose.
Below image is from Microsoft Excel 2013
7. To process the geocoding you have to generate Bing API key, go to Bing Maps API key. This will take you to login page, you can use your Hotmail or MSN account to login in. Once the initial process is completed you are ready to generate the key. To generate the key click on My account and then on My keys.
8. Then fill the value according to the nature of your project or anything that you like to fill up. Then click on Create button, which will take a while to display the key, see below image.
9. Go back to your open Geocoding Excel template and paste the generated code into the text box of Bings Map API.
10. Then go to Geocode sheet, add all your addresses under the Location column and press the Geocode Selected rows or Geocode all rows button. This will generate Latitude, Longitude and other info.
As mentioned above, you can create new MSN account to generate new API key when your 10000 limit is over. Hope you liked the tutorial and also, if you have any question please comment.