There are tons of story telling maps in the internet, I just picked the ones that I think you guys will like it. I like to give credit to the Amazing Maps group in the twitter from where I filtered out maps. These are my best 20 maps of the United States of America.
2. NYC Population Density Map at Day and Night
Population of New York City is 8.406 million(2013). This map shows people during day vs at night.
3. Visualizing Cities Density (New York)
5. The USA Map that shows 7000 water channels that feed into Mississippi River
Mississippi river which has the largest drainage channels in the North America.
6. Light Pollution in the United States of America
7. Irish ancestry as a share of County population in the USA: St Patrick’s Day map
8. US Census Blocks with zero Population
Census Block is the smallest unit used by the United States Census Bureau for the tabulation of 100% of the data. Total number of the blocks in the USA is 11,155,486 (2010). According to the USA Census (2010), total blocks with zero population was 4,871,270.
9. Starbucks vs Dunkin’ Donuts
10. 56 years of Tornado Tracks
Map was created from the NOAA data showing 56 years of Tornado Tracks. Data can be downloaded from the http://catalog.data.gov/dataset/tornado-tracks-and-icons-1950-2006
11. All the streets in the United States
12. All the streets in the United States
13. Population Percentage in each state that were born there
14. Growth of Walmart
15. Most Popular Girls Names by State (Years)
16. Most Popular Boys Names by State (Years)
17. Frequency of the word used “shit” in Geotagged Tweets
18. Abraham Lincoln’s Map, used to see the reach of Slavery, 1840 (% slaves per County)
19. Mexican-Origin Population in the United States by Percentage